Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Born and reared in the south, actually a place some refer to as the "southern part of heaven" I was taught  to fear people like this and I am fully cognizant of the terror inflicted upon my ancestors and even recent generations under the banner of the confederate flag and even the cross. Truth is I fear those in blue uniforms, black robes and who sit behind classroom desks and in closed doors of banks and businesses more. BUT the only way we will win is to put think and act strategically on how to dismantle the southern strategy that is fully operative on steroids. The sad reality is that many of the people who came out to support Silent Sam and are "proud" of the confederate flag have been the pawns of politrickery and unwittingly used to uphold a system of inequality that has harmed working class and poor whites. They are viewed by the likes of Fox News commentators and the GOP as necessary and major players in the subjugation of the working class and poor and maintaining the racial divide. I am not a simpleton by any stretch of the imagination. Trust me:>) And like Lauryn Hill, "I know enough people who won't turn the other cheek" and at times I do have brief periods of wanting to tell some of these hate-filled people --now we can take it to the streets if you really want to cause I got some "cuzzins" who already feel like they ain't got much to lose and are just waiting to do as one said "try out his new thing" --but that would be a foolish and okay yes unGodly response. That being said, I know the likes of Roof who killed the Emmanuel 9 are alive and well. I am cautious and yet still committed to the cause of justice and advancing our humanity by any means necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment